[netcdfgroup] netcdf4-python

Hi All

Does anyone have netcdf4-python working on an Intel Mac, running 10.6.6 or
better?  I have done a regular install of netcdf4 but used the fink compilers.
I compiled netcdf4-python fine using the same compilers.  In trying to run the
tests, I get:

 python2.6 run_all.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run_all.py", line 1, in <module>
    import glob, os, sys, unittest, netCDF4
ImportError: dlopen(/sw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/netCDF4.so, 2): no suitable
image found.  Did find:
        /sw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/netCDF4.so: mach-o, but wrong
architecture

I probably need to set compile flags somewhere, but I am not certain where - I
do not know much about python systems.  I have looked at the setup.py code, but
it is not obvious to me where compile options are set there.    Also
suggestions for the appropriate flags welcome.

Thanks,

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst