[netcdfgroup] Question about representation of data

Dear all

I am wondering if it is possible to use "non rectangular" data, i.e. I have a
dimension (representing an index of objects)
which have a length depending of a record dimension.
Is it possible to link 2 dimension together with the new netcdf-4 format?
If it is not possible, can you give me some advices to represent this type of
data?

I think I can use 2 unlimited dimensions and leave blank the part that I don't
use ?

Thanks for your attention

Dr Virginie Trinite
Modeling Infra-Red Lasers and Detectors
III-V Lab THALES Research&  Technology, France

Campus Polytechnique
1, avenue Augustin Fresnel 91767 Palaiseau cedex France
Phone : +33 (0)1.69.41.58.20