Re: [netcdfgroup] Calculating statistical parameters:Percentiles

  • To: "Elias Criado" <ecriado@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Calculating statistical parameters:Percentiles
  • From: "David Wang" <climater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:33:23 -0500
Hi Elias,

ncap2 is a part of the netcdf operators, or NCO, which are "a suite of
programs known as *operators*. Each operator is a standalone, command line
program which is executed at the UNIX shell-level". ncap2 is one of these
operators. You need to install NCO.

http://nco.sourceforge.net/

I'm not familiar with ncap2 is this particular usage. Alternatively I would
use another package called CDO (Climate Data Operators), which provides
several operators specializing in calculating percentiles (for example,
timpctl).

http://www.mpimet.mpg.de/fileadmin/software/cdo/

HTH,
David