Re: [netcdfgroup] [Support #WCM-111191]: Problem reading version 3.x 64 bit offset files with ncdump in netcdf-4.0-beta1

  • To: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] [Support #WCM-111191]: Problem reading version 3.x 64 bit offset files with ncdump in netcdf-4.0-beta1
  • From: David Brown <dbrown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:36:29 -0600
Hi Russ,

I'm sorry, I have to apologize. I have now discovered that what I thought was installed as the NetCDF4 version of ncdump must actually be an HDF4 version. The real NetCDF4 version works just fine on this file. I was sure I had installed it to my /usr/local/bin directory but apparently not, or perhaps it was overwritten.

So excuse me while I wipe the egg off my face. I hope you didn't spend too much time on this. Meanwhile thanks for pointing out the '-k' option which I had not been aware of.
 -dave