Re: nc_add_recs.m

This is easy to do in NCL. See attached NCL script. This demo makes a new Netcdf file with a 3D variable as you specified. By changing to "append mode" in the addfile statement, you could add the same kind of array to a pre-existing Netcdf file. Will an NCL solution work for you?

--Dave A.
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/
Boulder, Colorado
303-497-6825

David Wang wrote:
Hello,

i've been scratching my head how to add a three-dimensional (time, lat, lon) variable into a netcdf file where time is the unlimited dimension and both lat and lon are dimensions of size 1. i work with matlab (nc_add_recs.m in snctools) but matlab doesn't allow trailing singleton dimensions. so while nc_add_recs.m (and nc_varput.m as well presumably) requires an input of rank 3, i'm not able to provide it an array of size (ntime, 1, 1). it's a pain in the neck. if there is any workaround out there, please give me a hint.

thanks,
david