From: Jeff Whitaker [mailto:jswhit@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:47 AM
To: Yair suari
Cc: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: undefined reference using netcdf library

Yair suari wrote:
i an a new user to netcdf,unix,fortran so this will probably be easy to most of you but i cant get to start using the netcdf interface.
when trying to compile i get the following massages:

yair@yairsuari:~/fortran/cdfdata$ ifort create.f90 -g -o create.o
/tmp/ifortmAdSAz.o: In function `cdfcreate':/home/yair/fortran/cdfdata/create.f90:5: undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_create_' /tmp/ifortmAdSAz.o: In function `handle_err':/home/yair/fortran/cdfdata/create.f90:12: undefined reference to `netcdf_mp_nf90_strerror_'

i am using ubuntu (debian based linux) on x86 machine and intel fortran compiler 9.1

when googling around for this i saw a similar problem created when using a different compiler for your programs and for the netcdf compilation but this is not the case, i have always used intel.

please HELP
yair

--
Yair Suari
Hamafteach 23 Michmoret Israel 40297

Yair: You need to use pass ifort (or any fortran compiler) the location of 'netcdf.mod', via '-I/path/to/module' and the library via '-L/path/to/netcdf/library -lnetcdf'.

-Jeff

Yair:  What about the -L flag?  It must not be finding the library then.

-Jeff

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/PSD1        FAX   : (303)497-6449