Re: cfortran.h

Jeff Whitaker <jswhit@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Warren Turkal wrote:
>> The cfortran.h file is in /usr/include on Debian systems after
>> installing the cfortran package. Does netcdf use a cfortran.h in
>> /usr/include instead of the one within the tarball when it is
>> available? If not, could you please change netcdf to do so for beta5?
>>
>> wt
>>
> Warren:  Why?  What if it is broken, or out of date?  I'd rather
> netcdf use it's own cfortran.h, which it knows it can trust.
>
> -Jeff

NetCDF includes it's own cfortran.h, which will be used in its build.

Any cfortran.h on the system will not be used, it will be ignored by
netCDF. The netCDF fortran API looks for, and uses, its own
cfortran.h, not depending on it to be installed, or using it if it is.

This is necessary: some modifications to netCDF's cfortran.h allow it
to be built on even more platforms than the original cfortran.h
allows.

Thanks,

Ed
--