Compiling on Tru64 with Compaq cxx 6.5

I'm trying to compile the C++ part of netcdf 3.6.0-p1 on an Alpha Workstation
running Tru64 V5.1B.
I want to compile using the native Compaq compiler (Version 6.5, apparently)
and ghet the following error during the C++ part:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/orgis/build/netcdf-3.6.0-p1/src/cxx'
cxx -c -O2 -std ansi -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM -I/usr/orgis/Tru64/include -I../libsrc
cxx: Warning: ncvalues.h, line 35: integer conversion resulted in a change of
static const ncbyte ncBad_byte = NC_FILL_BYTE;
cxx: Error: ../libsrc/nc.h, line 41: expected an identifier
        NC_UNSPECIFIED = 0,
cxx: Info: 1 error detected in the compilation of "netcdf.cpp".

Is this just a problem with a too old version of Compaq C++ ?  The code? Do I
need some special compiler flags (apart from -std ansi, perhaps)?

Thomas Orgis - theoretischer Physiker, praktischer Mensch
Arbeitsgruppe Nichtlineare Dynamik,
Universitaet Potsdam