Re: anyone care to recomend a GRIB C library? (fwd)

I have liked very much the wgrib program by Wesley Ebisuzaky for reading
grib1 messages, so I have written a simple "wrapper" around that code to
be used as a library in some of my C programs.
My code is GPL and Wesley code is in public domain.
As the library is used only internally at our lab, I attach the code to
this e-mail.
External interfaces are listed in grib.h, and at the end of grib.c a
simple example "printout the grib" code is included.
The code has been written mainly to read lat/lon data from global model
runs, so there is not too much interface to other projections and suffer
by all the limitations herited from wgrib.
Feel free to use this code as You like.

I have written a more complete interface to grib, but in C++, based on the
same "Ebisuzaki" codebase. I add to the e-mail also this piece of code,
but it is an overshoot (but is Ok to write GRIB files ;-))

               Graziano.

--
                             \ | /
                             (@ @)

 LaMMA - Laboratorio per la Meteorologia e la Modellistica Ambientale
         Laboratory for Meteorology and Environmental Modelling
 Via Madonna del Piano, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI)

 tel: + 39 055 4483049
 fax: + 39 055 444083
 web: www.lamma.rete.toscana.it
 e-mail: giuliani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx