Re: [Perldl] Re: question about windows port (fwd)

Hi:  This might be a good question for the netcdf mailing list.

We are trying to get the perl module PDL::NetCDF (a NetCDF interface for
perl using the Perl Data Language or PDL (see http://pdl.perl.org/) to
work on windows.

One possible solution is to find a VC++ built version of NetCDF for
windows which includes netcdf.h.  See Below:

Anyone on the netcdf list have any ideas?

Regards,

  Doug Hunt

-----------------snip----------------------------------------------------
The perl part (and the PDL, too) should be easy with VC++. What was the
trouble you had ?
The problem I would have with VC++ is trying to build the netcdf library. If
you can do that bit then I would expect it to be not too hard to get
PDL-NetCDF to build. (The netcdf home page has a link to a VC++ built
version of the netcdf library. It contains a dll, an import lib, but sadly
no netcdf.h - which is needed by PDL-NetCDF. Hence it's useless wrt building
PDL-NetCDF .... unless one can create a suitable netcdf.h.)

If you have a VC++ built version of netcdf, feel free to send it over and
I'll have a play with it. Just send the '.h', '.lib', and '.dll' (if there
is one).