In need of help

I just received a copy of the AIA communications standard which uses netCDF
v2.0.  I have followed the instructions for proper installation and compilation
of the libraries and everything seemed OK, but not really.

I am using Microsoft Visual C++ v1.51 to compile the XDR and netCDF libraries.
I have successfully compiled and linked the three utility programs (NCGEN,
NCDUMP, and NCTEST).

NCGEN seems to work properly, as far as I can see, since I get no errors from
it.  I was able to successfully generate the C source code to create the CDF
file for AIA using the CDL template provided by AIA.

I ran NCTEST to see if the libs were created properly.  NCTEST fails after it
creates the test file while trying to open it.  Most of the other function calls
fail (primarily when ncopen gets called).

NCDUMP does not work properly when I ask for a complete conversion of a netCDF
file.  If I only include the -h (header info) or -c (header info + coordinate
variables), NCDUMP seems to work.  When it tries to produce the data the
following floating point error occurs:

run-time error M6101: MATH
- floating-point error: invalid

I don't know where to go next.  If there's a newer version or a version which
has presented no complications under Windows using Visual C++ please let me know
where to get it...

Thanks in advance,
Leo Vildosola, PILS