[netcdf-porting] bug when trying to open a non-existing file on Windows

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi,

In September last here I reported a bug in 4.1.1b that results in a crash when trying to open a file that does not exist

See

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdf-porting/2011/msg00017.html

The problem still exists on 4.1.3 (and probably on 4.2) and the fix is the same as indicated in that post.

Could it be fixed?
Sorry for not submitting a ticket with this ... but I couldn't find where to do it.

I take this opportunity to point to GMT page with instructions to build netCDF on NATIVE windows with cmake. That is, with VS. It would be very nice if this cmake build could be integrated upstream and thus provide, once an for all, a simple build for all Windows users.

http://gmtrac.soest.hawaii.edu/projects/gmt/wiki/BuildingNetCDF

Thanks

Joaquim Luis

  • Search the netcdf-porting archives: