From: Sobelman, Andrew (IT) Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:44 PM
To: netcdf-perl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Sobelman, Andrew (IT)
Subject: Newbie question

Hi,

I am relatively new to using PDL::netCDF and don't seem to be able to
find sufficient information in the perl man pages

I was wondering if there was any code samples available of the following:

 1) Open a _pre-built_ PDL::netCDF file
 2) pull out one "index" slice.
 3) modify a the contents of one cell in the slice.
 4) put the slice back into the cdfObj
 5) save the cdf

 Ive have successfully gotten as far as 3, but cannot seem to execute steps 4&5.
I did confirm that the cdf file was world read/writable and I opened the
cdf with O_RDWR.
I do know that the cdf file was created with the default internal
permissions.....

-andrew

  • Search the netcdf-perl archives: