Re: [netcdf-java] Converting bad netCDF to CF-compliant

Hi Matthew.

I have a converter which takes in mm5 model data and outputs CF-compliant netcdf. The netcdf files load fine into the IDV. The following url should get you an example file (about 40meg)

http://metoc.apl.washington.edu/uwme/netcdf/2007120700-eta-d2.nc

Also, we provide a zip of the converter, including the Java sources:

http://metoc.apl.washington.edu/uwme/downloads/edu.washington.apl.mm5v3tonc.zip

I recall that in producing the CF compliant nc, the nc file does not actually need any lat or lon variables in it at all, just the correctly named Cartesian x and y and the projection variable.

I hope this may help, feel free to ask questions

Stuart