Re: 20050429:netCDF Java - Error Reading NetCDF File using Java Library

Unidata Support wrote:

------- Forwarded Message

To: support-netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Shirley Cohen" <scohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: netCDF Java - Error Reading NetCDF File using Java Library

--=_4c69c57ae6b36e297ad7c3268aad7f3c

Institution: TACC
Package Version: Version 2
Operating System: Windows XP
Hardware Information: Dell
Inquiry: I'm getting the following error when I try to run the attached program:

java NetCDF
Cant load class ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.Grib1ServiceProvider
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ucar.grib.grib1.Grib1Input
Cant load class ucar.nc2.iosp.grib.Grib2ServiceProvider
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ucar.grib.grib2.Grib2Input
       at NetCDF.main(NetCDF.java:21)

I have both netcdf-2.2.jar and ncCore-2.2.jar in my classpath. Your assistance would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,

Shirley
You need grib.jar in your path, you can get it out of ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf-java/v2.2/netcdfAll-2.2.zip

Also, you only need netcdf-2.2.jar, as it insluced everything in ncCore-2.2.jar