Re: HDF5 and GRIB support

Adityarajsingh Santokhee wrote:

Are there any examples for reading and writing HDF5 and GRIB files using the
Version 2.2 java netcdf library.

Adityarajsingh Santokhee         Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
eScience Data Manager            Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre         Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC                             Email: ads@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK

Hi Adit:

I'm sorry about the minimal documentation, we will start writing it as soon as we can get to beta, which may be May.

Just open HDF or GRIB like a regular netcdf file, I prefer NetcdfDataset.openFile() or NetcdfDataset.openDataset()

There can be surprising structure in these non-netcdf files. i find it useful to view files in the netcdf ToolsUI, especially the "viewer" tab.

you can't write to HDF5 or GRID, though.