Re: [netcdf-hdf] collective I/O ?

Hi Rob,

I've done some parallel NetCDF4 performance tests with ROMS model almost a year ago with NetCDF4 alpha release. At that time, I am pretty sure NetCDF-4 can successfully go to collective IO calls (MPI_File_write_all with set_file_view) in HDF5 layer. But I remembered there are some parameters being set wrong inside NetCDF-4 that I have to change so that collective IO calls can be passed to HDF5. I think Ed may have already fixed that but I may be wrong.

Another possibility is that HDF5 "magically" figure out your case is not good or not possible for collective IO and it will change the route to do an independent IO call instead. To verify that, we have to get your program, the platform, mpi-io compiler information.

Regards,

Kent