Re: 1.8 file format

Hi John,

On May 4, 2007, at 4:11 PM, John Caron wrote:

Hello all:

I'd like to get started soon on reading netcdf-4/hdf-1.8 through the java library. Im wondering if theres any documentation that describes the latest file format?

Unfortunately, there are many additions to the HDF5 file format to support new features in the 1.8.0 release and I haven't had the time to get them documented in the file format specification yet. After we've got problems fixed, a few minor missing features added and possibly some critical optimizations fixed in the 1.8.0 beta/actual release(s), I'll revise the file format specification and you can pepper me with more questions about the confusing parts again. :-)

                Quincey