Re: netcdf-4.0-beta1 release now available on netCDF web site...

Jeff Whitaker <jswhit@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy:  I've got it to work with gfortran - the trick is to use FFLAGS
> -fno-range-check.
>
> If you're getting an error in configure that says "error: Fortran
> could not compile .f90 files", your gfortran is too old. You can
> update by installing the gcc42 fink package, or grab a binary from
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries.

Thanks Jeff!

Thanks for Russ Rew I now have a version 4.3 gfortran on a Mac, and am
able to get the same errors. (Thanks Russ!)

Unlike Jeff, I fixed them by changing the values to 0.

What should be the default fill value of an unsigned int in f90, given
that there are no unsigned types in F90?

As F90 users, what would you like to do with a file which contains
unsigned ints? Read them into a larger type?

What about 64-bit unsigned ints? Can F90 make any use of such data?

Any input appreciated, from any Fortran user...

Thanks,

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx