[needdata] Global lightning data...

Hi All:

I am looking to acquire lightning data for a tropical location at a sufficient
spatial and temporal resolution to identify urban effects. I am most interested
in the GLD360 dataset from Vaisala as the WWLL will likely not provide the
necessary spatial resolution. The TRMM-LIS datasets at 5km resolution may
suffice, but I would like to make sure I am not missing a dataset, or link to
the GLD360 data for education and research.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

Mace

Mace L. Bentley, Ph.D.
Professor & Fulbright Scholar
Program Coordinator, Geographic Science
Department of Integrated Science and Technology
James Madison University
701 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
email: bentleml@xxxxxxx<mailto:bentleml@xxxxxxx>