RE: [lead-all] The leadusers e-mail list at Unidata

NOTE: The leadusers mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus A Christie [mailto:machrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:52 AM
To: Tom Baltzer
Cc: 'Lead-all'; leadusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lead-all] The leadusers e-mail list at Unidata

Tom Baltzer wrote:
Hi Folks,

In the typical vein of the Unidata Program Center, we have created a
list for leadusers.  Please see the fine web page:
put together by our own Jen Oxelson.  Thanks for your help Jen!  Here
you will have the opportunity to subscribe to the list (as well as all
the other Unidata mailing lists).

Would it be appropriate for us to send announcements related to the
portal to this list (new feature, scheduled maintenance windows, etc.)?
  If so, this would be fantastic.

This would be completely appropriate!

If folks think it's appropriate, we could simply copy the lead-all
mailing list so that everyone will be subscribed to it.

Sounds good to me.

The purpose is to make announcements to users and allow users to
interact with one another regarding usage questions, comments and
suggestions.  I'd love it if as part of the account granting for the
LEAD portal, we offer subscription to this list to new LEAD users.  Is
that possible Marcus?

Sure.  You want new users to automatically be subscribed to this list or
to just send the user an email advertising the list?

I see both of the above as "Policy" type decisions that probably need PI
review and determination.
Tom.