Are there other good receivers out on the market that will work for this without the premium price of the Novra?

John Lamb - N9KDK

Champlin, MN (not sure about this new 121 location, glares at neighbor's tree)

On 2/7/23 13:44, Sebenste, Gilbert wrote:

When we moved our dish yesterday at the College of DuPage, there was no signal on 990 MHz, but there was on 1130 MHz.  We realized that the downconversion by 5150 MHZ means hat it should be on 1130, and sure enough, that’s where we found it. It’s a “hotter” signal than the old NOAAport signal by over 3 Dbm…and more stable. Now to get data flowing across it…

Gilbert Sebenste

Meteorology Support Analyst

College of DuPage

*From:* ldm-users <ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> *On Behalf Of *Mike Zuranski
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 7, 2023 1:37 PM
*To:* NOAAPORT <noaaport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; LDM <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* [External] Re: [ldm-users] NOAAPort/SBN Satellite Transition

CAUTION:This email originated from outside of COD’s system. Do not click links, open attachments, or respond with sensitive information unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Greetings all,

The NWS has updated their NOAAPort/SBN Transition schedule.  The new dates are as follows:

=======================================
12 NOV 2022:   G31 Launch Date
5 FEB 2023:   Dual Illumination Period
17 FEB 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Start
31 MAR 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Ends
3 APR 2023:   AWIPS Transition to G31 Complete
=======================================

The SCN also mentions a change to "the RF Frequency." However, since they took down the previous SCN I don't recall what the frequencies were before, so I'm not sure which one was changed or what the previous values were.  Here are the values listed in the current SCN:

Satellite (G31) specifications/AWIPS

-- RF Frequency: 1130 MHz

Satellite (G31) specifications/NWWS

-- RF Frequency: 990 MHz