[ldm-users] latency improvement

I was futzing about with a home linux box and
noticed some small improvement in performance
after a bios upgrade, and was curious if a similar
upgrade would improve the performance of
my noaaport relays.

The chart below is cropped from our unidata charts
showing the change in latency on one of the relays,
before and after the bios upgrade... rough guess
maybe 20-25% improvement.

If any of you use dell servers I've stumbled across
a simpler way to upgrade bios that works just
fine, even remotely.

I've made a post on my blog here that outlines
the process:

http://www.bandiedmain.com/

cheers,

--patrick

 Patrick L. Francis
 Vice President of Research & Development
 WeatherNation LLC
 Email: wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx
   AOL: wxprofessor
 Skype: wxprofessor