[mailto:owner-ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larry Riddle
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 15:07
Cc: Larry Riddle; support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the last few weeks, I've been noticing a pattern in late or missing
data here at SIO.  Between about 02Z and 05Z my product queue frequently

gets well behind the power curve.  The METARs (and, probably, every
other
obs type) can be as much as 90 minutes late getting into the hourly
files.

Most of the time the system is able to handle this acceptably but, on
occasion, many of the observations are lost.  This occurred again last
night.  My 20021009 03Z METAR file, which should be around 550,000
bytes,
is only 211,206 bytes.  All of today's files from 02Z (possibly as early
as
01Z) through 04Z are significantly smaller than I would normally expect.

This is probably not a CPU usage problem as the IDD machine
(aeolus.ucsd.edu) has no other function in life.  All it does is process

the LDM and build some text files for our weather web page.

Is this problem unique to SIO (and my downstream nodes)?  If so, I'll
look
for a solution locally.  Is anybody else experiencing delays like
this?  Does this have anything to do with the 00Z HDS product cycle?  If

this problem isn't unique to the SIO branch of the IDD tree, then I'll
buck
this up to the Unidata support people.

Larry

    -----===(*  Climate's what we expect, but weather's what we
   Larry Riddle : Climate Research Division : Scripps Institution of
Oceanography
       University of California, San Diego : La Jolla, California
92093-0224
       Phone: (858) 534-1869 : Fax: (858) 534-8561 : E-Mail:
lriddle@xxxxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: