motherlode-thelma-shemp feeds

LDM users,

This Saturday, April 6th, the NCAR/UCAR powerdown will be taking place. At
this time we expect brief outages on thelma, and a much longer downtime
for motherlode as it will be moving to a new physical location. Our
eventual plan is to have motherlode as the "acting" and "filing" machine
and thelma will be the "relay" machine. All sites who are currently
feeding from motherlode OR shemp should return to thelma at your earliest
convenience. We hope most people will transition over today, and the
remainder tomorrow. This will, hopefully, allow time to smooth out any
connectivity issues before the spring power down this Sat. The scheduled
time for this event is 00:00 MST to 20:00 MST 6 April, but as mentioned
earlier, we expect thelma to be down for at most 20-30 minutes, but
motherlode could be down for the duration. After this point in time nobody
should be using motherlode OR shemp as their upstream host, and all that
have been using motherlode OR shemp should now point their requests to:

thelma.ucar.edu
IP = 192.52.106.21

Please respond with any questions you may have.

Thank you,

-Jeff
Jeff Weber                                    jweber@xxxxxxxx

  • Search the ldm-users archives: