Re: Using LDM for ftp server

  Yes, we had this problem, and did a change to pqinsert.c and created a
new program called "pqhack" that includes the file name in the MD5
checksum computation. Here is a "diff" between pqinsert.c and our
pqhack.c:

diff pqhack.c ../pqinsert/pqinsert.c

172c172
< mm_md5(MD5_CTX *md5ctxp, void *vp, size_t sz, signaturet signature,
char* productName)
---
> mm_md5(MD5_CTX *md5ctxp, void *vp, size_t sz, signaturet signature)
177,178c177
<       if (productName)
<               MD5Update(md5ctxp,productName,strlen(productName));
---

351c350
<                       prod.info.signature,filename) != 0)
---
>                       prod.info.signature) != 0)

 Dr. Jeff Masters (jmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)                           (  )
 Chief Meteorologist                              /\ Home of the       (    )
 The Weather Underground, Inc.               /\  /  \  /\       /\    (      )
 300 N Fifth Ave #240                       /  \/    \/  \ /\  /  \    ------
 Ann Arbor, MI 48104                 ______/              /  \/    \_   \\\\\
 734-994-8824 (voice)                           Weather Underground      \`\`\
 734-994-8919 (fax)                         http://www.wunderground.com

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Stephen Sinnis wrote:

> We tested a series of ldms to distribute files.
>
> One thing we noticed was that since the MD5 checksum does not include the
> file name, then if there are files with different names but identical
> contents, they cannot all be transferred,  while the MD5 entry from the
> first 'identical' file is in the product queue.
>
> Has anyone else seen this who is using the ldm to distribute files?
>
> Stephen Sinnis
> Pelmorex Inc.

  • Search the ldm-users archives: