Re: weird problem

My only guess is that the "ls" binary is corrupt or your machine has been
hacked into and someone has messed with the ls binary. Try copying over
an ls binary from another machine running the same OS and see if it works.
You might also turn off all NFS mounts and see if ls works then.

 Dr. Jeff Masters (jmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)                           (  )
 Chief Meteorologist                              /\ Home of the       (    )
 The Weather Underground, Inc.               /\  /  \  /\       /\    (      )
 300 N Fifth Ave #240                       /  \/    \/  \ /\  /  \    ------
 Ann Arbor, MI 48104                 ______/              /  \/    \_   \\\\\
 734-994-8824 (voice)                           Weather Underground      \`\`\
 734-994-8919 (fax)                         http://www.wunderground.com

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, 10 wrote:

> I have a weird problem that may be more of an OS problem
> I am not sure.  Our main IDD ingest machine is a SPARC
> Solaris 7 machine.  The data goes into /var/data/ldm.
> If I do a df -k I can see that the disk is about 70% full,
> which is what it should be.  If I request data, the data is there
> (GEMPAK and McIDAS).  If I NFS mount /var/data/ldm from any other
> machine I can do an ls in all the subdirectories (like
> /var/data/ldm/gempak/hds) and see all of the files.  BUT
> if I am local to our ingest machine and cd /var/data/ldm/gempak/hds
> and to an ls it RETURNS NOTHING!..Yet all of the data is there.
> Each of the subdirectories under gempak are there but ls shows
> no files.  Also in the /var/data/ldm/upperair directory
> where I save raw UA files, same problem.  ls shows directories
> there but no files..but it is there.  If I go to /var/data/ldm/mcidas
> and do an ls..everything is fine.  If anyone has any ideas
> I'd like to hear them.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Mullenax

  • Search the ldm-users archives: