Re: [galeon] OGC Fast Track for CF-netCDF??

Should we solicit a few words for this document from some of the groups that are building standards as extensions on top of CF -- such as

   * GHRSST
   * OceanSites (and TAO today)
   * Argo

Ben Domenico wrote:
Hello,

This note is going to several lists to make sure that you all are aware of a new "Fast Track" approach the OGC is considering for cases where proposed new standards are already well established "de facto" standards. Please note that Fast Track is not officially adopted yet by the OGC and it isn't certain that we should take that short cut for CF-netCDF even if it is adopted by the OGC.

However, it does seem clear that we should consider it seriously, so I've started gathering information relating to document that CF and netCDF are indeed well-established de facto standards. A draft of that document is on the galeonteam wiki at google sites

http://sites.google.com/site/galeonteam/Home/plan-for-cf-netcdf-encoding-standard/ogc-fast-track-supporting-information

We should all be able to add to the information that's there -- most of which was supplied by Russ Rew and other leaders in theCF and netCDF community.

At the CF-netCDF SWG session of the OGC Technical Committee meeting next week, a discussion of this topic is on the agenda.