[galeon] CF-netCDF standardization update

Hello all,

It's been a while since we've had any substantial interactions relating to
the OGC CF-netCDF standardization effort, so here's a brief status update.

The revised core specification document was resubmitted to the OGC
Architecture Board (OAB) a few weeks ago:

    NetCDF Classic and 64-bit Offset Draft Core Standard 2010-01-19
    http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=37336

Two alternative approaches to the CF extension for the core are available in
draft form at:

http://portal.opengeospatial.org/index.php?m=projects&a=view&project_id=327&tab=2&artifact_id=37586

Note that one of those drafts is the one submitted previously to  the NASA
Standards Process Group, who responded recently in an email I forwarded to
the CF-netCDF SWG.

So where do we go from here?

I have scheduled a telecon for the CF-netCDF SWG next Thursday, February 18,
at 11:00 AM US Eastern Time.

   phone:       +1 512 225 3050
   passcode:  55699#

The agenda items I propose for the telecon are:

   - If we have heard back from the OAB, we can discuss their comments
   - The two alternate approaches to the CF extension standard
   - Suggest topics for our CF-netCDF  session the March OGC Technical
   Committee Meeting

Please let me know if there are any other issues that need discussion.

Thanks.