[galeon] CF-netCDF discussions at the September OGC TC meetings

Hello,

I wish to call your attention to three pending documents related to
CF-netCDF standardization efforts that have been formally submitted to the
OGC in time for discussion and voting at the upcoming Technical Committee
meetings the week of September 28.   The documents are listed below along
with notes about the TC sessions in which they will be discussed.

*Pending Documents*:

Discussion papers:

09-018r1 *Web Coverage Service (WCS) 1.1.2 extension for CF-netCDF 3.0
encoding*<http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=35296&version=1>

09-122 *CF-netCDF Encoding
Specification*<http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=35505&version=1>

Draft charter for CF-netCDF SWG:

09-126 *CF-netCDF Standards Working Group
Charte*r<http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=35519&version=1>

*Relevant TC meeting sessions:*
*
*

The *CF-netCDF ad hoc session* is on the agenda from 17:00 to 18:00 Tuesday
September 29 which we hope will be a reasonably convenient time for those
who want to participate via teleconference.  We hope to approve the draft
CF-netCDF charter (09-126) during this session and adopt the discussion
paper 09-122 as the starting point for the SWG work.

The *WCS SWG* is scheduled for Thursday morning October 1 from 10:00 to
12:00.  During this session the discussion paper 09-018r1 will be discussed
and hopefully adopted.

There is also a joint *GML SWG & WCS 2.0 SWG* ad hoc scheduled from 10:00 to
12:00 on Tuesday September 29.

For those who do not have access to documents on the OGC portal, much of
this work was initially developed on the GALEON wiki

http://sites.google.com/site/galeonteam/

where there is also a very preliminary draft of the plan for pursuing the
CF-netCDF encoding standard.

http://sites.google.com/site/galeonteam/Home/plan-for-cf-netcdf-encoding-standard

Please contact me if you are interested in becoming a member of the
CF-netCDF SWG.