[galeon] Invitation to submit an abstract to the EGU - ESSI

Dear colleague,

I am writing to invite you to submit an abstract to the forthcoming Earth and
Space Sciences Informatics sessions in the European Geosciences Union General
Assembly in Vienna, 19-24 April 2009. See
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2009/sessionprogramme/ESSI

Authors are invited to submit abstracts by Tuesday 13 January 2009.  However,
authors who also wish to apply for financial support must submit abstracts by 7
December 2008.

Further details are available at: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2009/session/412

There will be presentations on the OGC WCS standard specification; with the OGC we are
discussing about a Splinter Meeting on "International geospatial standards for Earth
and Space Sciences".

I would like to draw your attention to the following sessions:

ESSI10: "The SOA approach for Earth and Space Sciences" (to submit an abstract:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2009/abstractsubmission/411) The session is to
be focused on relevant topics and open issues dealing with SOA for the Earth and Space
Sciences; including, the SOA aspects related to SDI and
cyber-infrastructures/e-infrastructures for Earth and Space Sciences. Presentations may
address theoretical aspects as well as real-world projects that make use of SOA.

ESSI1:  "International Informatics Collaborations and Projects" (to submit an
abstract: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2009/abstractsubmission/351) The
session is to be focused on relevant collaborations and projects at the international
level, dealing with informatics applied to Earth and Space Science.

ESSI8: "Data Preservation and Long Term Access" (to submit an abstract:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2009/abstractsubmission/408) The session is to
be focused on relevant developments in the areas of data access, annotation and curation.

ESSI9: "Data and Metadata Models & Mark-up Languages" (to submit an abstract:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2009/abstractsubmission/410) The session is to be
focused on relevant topics and open issues dealing with Data & Metadata Models and encoding
languages (e.g. Mark-up languages) for the Earth and Space Sciences.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or one of the other conveners of the
sessions should you have any questions, and please feel free to forward this
message to others who may be interested.

Best regards,

Stefano Nativi

Dr Stefano Nativi
Coordinator of the Earth and Space Science Informatics Laboratory
Istituto di Metodologie per l'Analisi Ambientale of the
Italian National  Research Council (CNR-IMAA)

and

University of Florence at Prato
Piazza Ciardi, 25 - 59100 Prato
tel 0574 602532