Re: [galeon] Features and Coverages

If you don't choose 'earth realm' but go with a named geographic area, I would have two recommendations: (a) pick the smallest represented area that is appropriate, and (b) reference the name in a gazetteer that lets you define metadata about your name (location, at minimum corners in all dimensions, but better is a shape or volume; relationship to other entries; synonyms; description) and specify it with a resolvable URI. This takes care of most of the unpleasantness associated with simple names of geographic regions or volumes.

John