[galeon] what kind of format negotiation? (Re: WCS and MIME types)

Hello Ben,

Forgive me making dumb question.

Setting aside the MIME media type issue, I wonder what is new in the
suggestion of "parameterized media type". In my understanding WMS
(hence WCS) standard already allows any MIME types including
parameterized ones in the FORMAT option.

Perhaps are you thinking about negotiation of HTTP Accept header
(client can specify a list of acceptable media types with preference,
and the server returns the best preferred format)?

--
Eiji