Re: [galeon] Simple CF-netCDF file WCS response?

I agree with Jon and Dominic, if there is no information in the XML manifest that isn't also available in the CF-netCDF payload, then WCS should allow for a binary payload only response. (I try to keep up with the WCS.SWG but I'm afraid I've lost track of this one. What is the status of the single file response change request?)

And it is the job of the "WCS Extension Standard for CF-netCDF Coverage Encoding" document that Ben has sent out to allow us to say for sure that all the information that would be in the XML manifest is in the CF-netCDF payload. And, of course, how you would map the information in the CF-netCDF payload into a XML manifest.

By the way Ben, I've been going over the CF-netCDF WCS document and will get some comments to you tomorrow.

Ethan

Jon Blower wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up.  For the record I agree with Dom in that
if there is no extra information in the XML manifest, a WCS should
just be able to return a single NetCDF file.  I guess there might be
an issue that a client needs to know whether it is getting an XML file
or NetCDF file.  I'm not familiar with WCS 1.1.0 but maybe the client
could detect the MIME type of the response or perhaps the client could
explicitly request whether or not to obtain a manifest.

Jon