[galeon] Fwd: [WCS-1.2.swg] February 20 Teleconference Minutes

Hi all,

Below is Arliss Whiteside's minutes of the WCS Standards Working Group telecom
of last Wednesday.  This was the monthly WCS.SWG telecon that had a specific
segment dedicated to GALEON issues.  My own personal input to that segment was
an attempt to delineate 3 key issues highlighted in the aviation applications
based user scenario that was put forward earlier.  In a nutshell:

1. There are clear, practical uses for 3D plus time datasets
2. There are several different dataset types (many of which are not regular
grids) that can be represented as coverages in terms of the ISO 19123 abstract
coverages model.
3. We also need low level "nuts and bolts" encoding profiles for each of the
different dataset types that are part of the user scenario.

Note also that we're hoping to discuss these topics at the Coverages Working
Group session (on the agenda for Tuesday Mar 25) at the St. Louis OGC TC
meetings next month.

-- Ben