[galeon] Telecon Friday

Hi,

I'd like to have a GALEON telecon this week and Friday looks like the best
day.  I'm aiming for Friday January 4 at 9:00 Boulder time which is 17:00
Vatican City time.

The main goal of the teleconference will be to work out our liaison with the
OGC WCS revision working group (WCS.RWG).  Peter Baumann has made an
excellent suggestion that we work with the WCS.RWG to schedule a monthly
session for GALEON-related topics during their telecon.  As a goal for the
new year, I'd like to try to make this work -- starting with this telecon.

A related topic is a status update for the GALEON group working on the
incremental WCSplus approach to actual implementations of, and
experimentation with, the next version of WCS.

Finally it would be good to come up with ideas and suggestions for how
GALEON participants can take advantage of opportunities to meet and interact
in person at

 -- the next OGC TC in St. Louis March 24 - 27
http://www.opengeospatial.org/event/0803tc
 -- the EGU in Vienna April 13 - 18
http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2008/

After the New Year holiday, I'll send out invitations with more detailed
information about the telecon, but I wanted to provide this "heads up" now.

Best wishes for a very happy and exceedingly interoperable 2008.