Ron

From: owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Domenico
Sent: August 22, 2006 10:03 AM
To: Woolf, A (Andrew)
Cc: Unidata GALEON; Adit Santokhee; Jon Blower; Kenneth R. McDonald;
Nadine Alameh; Beth A Plale; Tom Baltzer; Olga Wilhelmi; Jennifer
Boehnert; Scott Shipley
Subject: Re: GALEON IE Phase 2 Objectives

Andrew,

That's very good news indeed.  I know there are other groups very
interested in gaining a better understanding of how GML representations
of CF-netCDF can be made to work in a WCS environment.  Of course there
is the University of Florence work with ncML-GML, but there is also
interest in the possibility of using GMLJP2 in this general context.
One question I have is whether there are many clients out there that can
be used to access the datasets in these forms.

Unfortunately I have unavoidable conflicts for the next two OGC TC
meetings, but it might be worth having a discussion on this general
topic at the Tysons Corner meeting.  Sean Forde can usually find some
time in the Coverages Working Group session for GALEON-related
conversations.