Re: GDAL NetCDF driver and projection.

Hi Denis:

CF has unfortunately not yet dealt with datum issues, but its on our list to
tackle.

Denis Nadeau wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to have suggestions from the community on the current needs for the GDAL NetCDF driver. I am currently writing the CreateCopy method to allow people to convert from any GDAL supported format to NetCDF CF-1 convention format. At this point I am stuck with projection issues. How should I handle DATUM, SPHEROID and AUTHORITY? I can produce a lat lon arrays to reproject the projected coordinates to lat/lon space but that may be expensive in cpu and space. I am thinking as well to create an array containning the GeoTransform values if found in the source file.

     adfGeoTransform[0] /* top left x */
adfGeoTransform[1] /* w-e pixel resolution */
     adfGeoTransform[2] /* rotation, 0 if image is "north up" */
     adfGeoTransform[3] /* top left y */

     adfGeoTransform[4] /* rotation, 0 if image is "north up" */
     adfGeoTransform[5] /* n-s pixel resolution */

Thanks for your suggestion,

Best Regards,
Denis Nadeau