comments on the "Binary Encoding of WCS Coverages in NetCDF"

Hello,

Attached please find my comments on the "Binary Encoding of WCS Coverages in
NetCDF" prepared by Ben etc.  I hope that the comments can serve to clarify some WCS
data model concepts and the relationship between WCS and netCDF data models.  I am CCing
this to the WCS RWG so that WCS expert may review, if they have time, to see if my
interpretation of the WCS grid data model is correct.  I feel that it will be helpful to
have both GALEON and WCS groups work together on this due to conceptual difference on the
data models.  As I mentioned in the comments, I think that one of the most important
aspects is probably to have a common understanding on the expression/use/referencing of
coordinate reference system (CRS), including both geo-coordinate and array/grid
coordinate.

Wenli

PS: I posted this yesterday from my GMU email but didn't get through probably
because that email address was not in the GALEON list (I didn't cc to WCS WRG
yesterday).  I apologize if you get duplicated mail.