Teleconference outcomes

Hi,

First, I apologize to those of you who were not able to participate in this
morning's GALEON teleconference because of problems with the announcement and
with the conference ID.  I'll make sure this doesn't happen again.

For different periods, the following people did get into to the conference:

  - Rudy Husar
  - Lorenzo Bigagli
  - Wenli Yang
  - John Evans
  - Ben Domenico
  - Peter Baumann attempted to get in but was stymied by the conference ID
problem.
  - Stefano Nativi, Steve,Kopp and Dominic Lowe could not make it, but sent in
comments.

The teleconference mainly focused on how to proceed with the draft WCS
CF-netCDF binary encoding profile.  Rather than attempt to provide a meeting
summary in this message, I tried to incorporate all their good ideas into a
revision of the draft profile at:

 Draft Profile

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/netCDFprofile-short.htm

Note that the previous draft profile is now incorporated as a sub-document

Data Model Mapping Related to Binary Encoding of WCS Coverages in CF-NetCDF
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/WCSnetCDFencoding.htm

and an additional sub-document was added:

CF-netCDF WCS Limitations and Known Issues
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/CF-netCDF-WCSlimitations.htm

This approach allows us to develop a profile that is relatively stable but
incorporates indirect refernces to specifics that may change fairly rapidly
with time as the WCS specification and CF-netCDF conventions evolve.  It also
provides a place to document current limitations, difficult issues, and
possible future directions that interested parties should be aware of.

I strongly encourage those who participated in the teleconference or who sent
in comments to correct any errors or omissions on my part and I hope that
others will provide their input on this version so we can complete the profile
in time to propose adoption at the June OGC Technical Committee meeting.

Thanks to all.