GALEON OGCnetwork

Hi,

I finally got our GALEON OGCnetwork pages set up with all the materials from
the GALEON wiki and into a collection of pages that I think are in a usable
form.

 http://www.ogcnetwork.net/?q=galeon

I believe that anyone (OGC member or not) can establish an OGCnetwork account
and access the associated pages.  I suggest that all GALEON participants do so
and let me know what you think of this approach to interacting with one
another.  We'll have to experiment with editing privileges, and so forth.  From
my experience, this package takes a bit of getting used to.

I've put in my own ideas for GALEON Phase 2 objectives -- but just as a
starting point for the discussion.  However, if you agree with the first two
goals, it would be good to start work immediately on:

  1. defining the WCS profile for CF-netCDF so we can submit it for adoption at
the June Technical Committee meeting (Please read the draft and think about
what else developers of WCS CF-netCDF clients and servers will need to know.)
  2. adding new datasets, servers, and clients for continued experimentation
(See if you can find the pointers to datasets on GALEON WCS servers, and add
pointers to a page additional datasets available via WCS on your server)

Work on the third objective (CSW catalogs for use in GALEON servers) will be
part of a project in which NASA GSFC, GMU, Unidata, and NCDC are participating.

Of course, other ideas for Phase 2 objectives are welcome and indeed encouraged.

I know that several GALEON participants are also involved in the GEOSS Services
Network and they have a telecon this coming week, so I'll try to schedule a
GALEON telecon the following week.  How does April 19 work for you.