From: owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Domenico
Sent: March 6, 2006 7:45 PM
To: GALEON email list
Subject: Fwd: Another netCDF discussion at OGC meetings

Hi GALEON participants,

As it turns out, there is interest in addressing the issue of a netCDF
"profile" for netCDF directly during the WCS Revision Working Group
meeting Wednesday morning at the OGC technical committee meetings here
in Huntsville.   John Evans has set up a session starting at 10 am
central time on that topic.  His note below gives the particulars.

The idea is basically to do away with the list of WCS encoding formats
and allow any format that has an appropriate "profile" specified.  The
question of course is what that profile is to consist of.  As most of
you know, after the last meeting, we started working on a draft which is
available at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/WCSnetCDFencoding.htm

It is clearly a work in progress, but can serve as the basis for
starting the discussion.  I know some of you GALEON participants can't
be here in person, but John Evans has arranged for a telecon hookup as
indicated in his note below.  This should complement our GALEON
discussions Wednesday afternoon.