Fwd: Another netCDF discussion at OGC meetings

Hi GALEON participants,

As it turns out, there is interest in addressing the issue of a netCDF
"profile" for netCDF directly during the WCS Revision Working Group meeting
Wednesday morning at the OGC technical committee meetings here in Huntsville.   John
Evans has set up a session starting at 10 am central time on that topic.  His note below
gives the particulars.

The idea is basically to do away with the list of WCS encoding formats and allow any
format that has an appropriate "profile" specified.  The question of course is
what that profile is to consist of.  As most of you know, after the last meeting, we
started working on a draft which is available at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/WCSnetCDFencoding.htm

It is clearly a work in progress, but can serve as the basis for starting the
discussion.  I know some of you GALEON participants can't be here in person,
but John Evans has arranged for a telecon hookup as indicated in his note
below.  This should complement our GALEON discussions Wednesday afternoon.

-- Ben