GALEON Agenda for Huntsville TC

Hello GALEON participants,

As indicated in the attached note from Sean Forde below, GALEON has been
allocated the last hour (14:00 to 15:00 Central time) of the Coverages Working
Group session Wednesday March 8 at the technical committee meeting in
Huntsville.  Sean has also arranged for a teleconferencing hookup during the
meeting for those who wish to participate that way.  I'd like to get a better
idea of how we will use that hour.

My overview presentation can be brief.

So far, my recollection is the following:

-- Stefan Falke be at the meeting and will have a summary of the GALEON work at
Washington U in St. Louis.

-- I also believe that Peter Baumann of the International Univ. of Bremen will
be at the meeting and will provide an update on his WCS presentation at the
Bonn meeting, but I can't find a communication confirming that.

-- Lorenzo Bigagli asked about the telecon option, so I'm assuming he and or
Stefano Nativi of the Univ. of Florence and CNR/IMAA will join us via
teleconference and hopefully present their summary via that mechanism.

If those are the only presentations, that will give us about 15 minutes each --
including discussion time.

If there are others who would like to give presentations, please let us know as
soon as possible.  The agenda could be fairly tight and we need to leave ample
time for discussion.  If my recollections noted in the list above are faulty, I
apologize if I've embarrassed anyone.  But we do need to work this out next
week and get the presentation materials available online ahead of time if at
all possible so telecon particpants can follow along.

-- Ben

Sean Forde's earlier outline of the entire Coverages session follows:

Greetings,

The tentative agenda for the Open Geospatial Consortium March 6-9 meeting in
Huntsville shows the Coverages Working Group meeting Wednesday, March 8, from
13:00 to 15:00. The following is the planned agenda for this meeting in March:

13:00 - Brief review of Coverages WG purpose and activities

13:05 - Brief review of last meeting and of open action items

13:10 - Coverage extensions to WMS in support of Planetary Datasets
              - Trent Hare, USGS

13:40 -  Update on "WCS specification version 1.0 corrigendum and
version 1.1 plans"
              - John Evans, NASA

14:00 -  Presentation of "Status Update on GALEON IE"
              - Ben Domenico, Unidata
              - Teleconference line: +1 405-244-5555 passcode:5699#

If you have any questions, or suggestions for improving this agenda, please
feel free to contact me directly.

Sean Forde