Re: GALEON preparations for Huntsville tech. committee meetings

Stefano, those all look good to me. Thanks for your detailed work.

stefano nativi wrote:
Hi Ben,

I attached our contribute to the paragraph "Recommended Modifications to OGC Interfact Specifications" of the GALEON phase 1 report. Could you add it to the report, please? Shall I upload it to wiki, first?

Thanks.

---Stefano

Hello,

Here's the latest information on GALEON and related preparations for the OGC technical committee meetings in Huntsville March 6-9. We have two formal pending documents which you can access on the OGC member portal server. One is the GALEON IE Report which is open for comment. The other is our request to have netCDF listed as a sixth encoding format for WCS. There is an html version of the GALEON Phase 1 report at: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/GALEONphase1Report.htm In that document there is a pointer to the WCS change request to include netCDF.

At the technical committee meeting, we are scheduled for an hour to discuss GALEON during the Coverages Working Group session which is on the agenda for Wednesday afternoon from 13:00 to 15:00. Sean Forde who is organizing that session has requested a teleconferencing line be set up for those of you who wish to participate but can attend the meeting.

The WCS Revision Working Group session is Wednesday morning from 9:00 to noon. During that session, there will be a discussion of the many WCS 1.1 changes that Peter Baumann has proposed based on our experiences in the GALEON IE. Keep in mind that our pending documents are at a comment-seeking stage. So, if you have any recommended additions or modifications, please let us know. In particular I believe our GALEON Phase 1 Report could be stronger if we had a section with a list of key findings. So, if you would provide me with the 2-3 things that you consider the most important accomplishments or lessons of GALEON Phase 1, let me know and we'll try to work them into the report.

-- Ben

PS I will be at the Huntsville meetings Tuesday through Thursday.