Wcs clients details

Dear all,

I would like to ask you for some help/info about how your client
implementations communicate with the respective servers.

Firstly I should mention that at IUB we devoted much effort into requests
encoded in XML form - naturally coming from HTTP POST requests- which
unfortunately is not so well documented in the WCS specs. Since there is
no standard/mentioned way to do it, we set it to: a key-value pair having
name=WCS value=the_xml_query. Both GetCapabilities and GetCoverage are
supported in this way and GetCapabilities can also be invoked via HTTP
GET.

Secondly, it would be great if the raw answer that was received by your
clients could be seen and maybe possible cause of misbehaviour(wrong xml
answer etc) - maybe log file?

And lastly, some details on the IUB WCS: The response to a GetCoverage is
saved locally and a link is sent back to the client. In case of
exceptions, again a string literal(non-xml) is sent back with description
of the problem. Do your clients handle such responses and if yes how?

I am looking forward to your replies. This would help a lot for making our
service interoperable. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Ivan