Telecon Summary and WCS revision proposal

Hi,

There is a summary of yesterday's very productive GALEON telecon at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/GALEONSummary2006Feb10.htm

There's a lot of useful information in there, so please read through it.

One of the most important conclusions we reached however, is to go ahead
immediately with the recommendation of adding the netCDF as a 6th WCS encoding
format.  If the recommendation is accepted, this would allow us to proceed with
the next phase of GALEON knowing we are working with a format that is part of
the current specification.  But it is also important to recognize that the WCS
Revision Working Group is discussing an entirely new approach that would do
away with the fixed list but require a WCS "profile" for each encoding format.
 As part of GALEON Phase 2, we plan to continue working on our draft "profile"
document:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/WCSnetCDFencoding.htm

There are pointers to this information on the GALEON Wiki

 http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/WikiHome

but I'm also going to attach the Word document with the WCS revision proposal
because we want to formally submit it for comment on Monday Feb 13 so that it
can be voted on at the Huntsville technical committee meeting next month.