From: owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Domenico
Sent: January 26, 2006 1:54 PM
To: Unidata GALEON
Subject: GALEON IE reports

Hello all,

The GALEON email list has been relatively quiet lately.  My assumption
is that is that everyone is hard at work completing their experiments
and writing reports.  In December we decided to put off the final report
drafts until early February and early February is rapidly approaching.

It would be good to have drafts of these reports by then end of next
week if at all possible.  We could then have another teleconference the
following week to determine what needs to be done to wrap things up for
this initial phase of GALEON.  In my December note I described what we
are aiming for as follows:

In terms of Interoperability Program Reports, my concept of the ideal
situation would be for each team that has experimented with a WCS client
or server to provide a report on their experiences.  Such reports could
have two parts, one would be a general description of what works and
what doesn't between client/server pairs.  The second component of the
report would relate to OGC specifications.  Are changes, extensions, or
profiles of the specifications needed.  The latter aspect of the reports
would be only available to OGC members, but the former would be made
available to the general public.  Please keep these reports in mind and
you continue to conduct your experiments.  In particular, we need to
carefully consider change requests for WCS.  If I am not mistaken, Peter
Baumann has already submitted WCS change requests -- some of them based
on GALEON experiences.

So that's the report we need for next week.

As a reminder

On the OGC web portal, there's a folder for presentations and documents
from the previous meeting.  To find it, log into the portal and select
the GALEON IE from the "project quick selector" in the upper right hand
corner of the screen.

 http://portal.opengeospatial.org/index.php?m=projects

should get you a list of the active projects once you login.  Formal OGC
specification documents should be posted there.

And the public GALEON wiki is at:

 http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/WikiHome

You can post the part of the report that describes client and server
implementations and the results of interactions between them at that
site.  It can be accessed by non-OGC members.

If you do post a report at either site, please send the galeon email
list a note to let them know how conscientious you are.

Many thanks in advance.