---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sean Forde <sforde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sep 7, 2005 4:21 PM

Hi Ben,

the GMLJP2 spec is available at
http://www.opengeospatial.org/specs/?page=3Drequests&request=3Drfc21.

There is a good article on the GMLJP2 at
http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2005-03-11-a.html.

In a nutshell, GMLJP2 is a robust data format for representing imagery,
metadata, and relationships. The imagery is stored as JP2 codestreams, the
relationships and the metadata are defined via GML. All of this sits in a
single JPEG2000 image file. We are very hopeful that this format will be
useful in communities which use raster data with spatial and temporal
dimensions.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

-Sean

Sean Forde