Re: GMU WCS Server supports netCDF output

On 8/25/05, yliu5@xxxxxxx <yliu5@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

A NWGISS WCS server which can generate netCDF CF-1 output is now available at:

Yang Liu,
On a non-netCDF topic, I tried grabbing the corresponding GeoTIFF
result to the request you posted, and noted a few oddities about it:

_From "listgeo":

Geotiff_Information:
  Version: 1
  Key_Revision: 1.0
  Tagged_Information:
     ModelTiepointTag (4,3):
0 0 0 23400 747000 0 812 710 0 267000 534000 0 ModelPixelScaleTag (1,3): 300 300 0 End_Of_Tags.
  Keyed_Information:
     GTModelTypeGeoKey (Short,1): ModelTypeProjected
     GTRasterTypeGeoKey (Short,1): RasterPixelIsPoint
     GTCitationGeoKey (Ascii,11): "CLARKE1866"
     PCSCitationGeoKey (Ascii,4): "UTM"
     ProjectionGeoKey (Short,1): Unknown-47
     End_Of_Keys.
  End_Of_Geotiff.

The first concern, is that you have two tiepoints and a pixel scale (size). Normally if you are using pixel scale
you would only use one tiepoint.  I'm not sure if the form
you have provided is allowed by the specification or not,
but it is likely to confuse many packages (as it does GDAL)
which treats it as have two tiepoints and ignores the pixel scale.

Also, you don't seem to have defined the projection at all. I'm not sure what ProjectionGeoKey = 47 is supposed to be, but I don't think it is valid.
Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam@xxxxxxxxx